Project 3 | FAS 248
- Be more confident with different illustration medias.
- Create professional fashion illustrations with industry standards
- Record inspiration, explore ideas, conduct design research and document processes in a design journal
- Use graphic design principles to create advertising or promotional materials with illustrations
- Use color theory and have a better understanding of the use of color
- Presentation skills and the used of different materials to show their work.
- Have a better conceptualization of an idea.
- Research the work of the list of illustrators assigned.
- Select 5 illustrators
- Who are they, what media do they use, where are they from, where did they went to school, what’s the process. Some information might be limited, write or print what you found and place it in your sketchbook.
- Select 2 illustrations from each to do the replica; illustrations must be half to full body.
- Print 10 editorial images to create original thumbnails based on the technique learned
- Do 5 original illustrations replicating the media of the illustration selected
- The original illustrations must include a magazine layout. (See example below)
- 5 Illustrators research and images
- 2 illustrations from each illustrator (10 total) thumbnail size
- 10 editorial pictures for student’s original work, thumbnail size.
- 10 thumbnail size replicas (3” x 5”)
- 10 thumbnail size originals (3” x 5”)
- 5 full size replicas (8.5” x 5.5” or 8.5” x 11)
- 5 original illustrations with the illustrator’s technique as a magazine cover, magazine logo must be included in the layout.
- David Downton
- Howard Tangye
- Tony Viramontes
- Daniel Egneus
- Amelie Hegardt
- Sarah Singh
- Rene Gruau
- Jessica Durrant
- Garance Dore
- Eleanor Rose Shenton